Sunday 30 October 2011

Easy Like Sunday Morning.

I love Sunday mornings,  I woke up today, the sun was shining and birds singing.  I've had a week off work today and bought a pile of objects with potential.  Not in the mood for some heavy decorationg, my eyes set upon this sweet mini chest of drawers.  They are made from MDF and remind me of something that came from Ikea, however I bought them from my fave charity shop for the grand total of £2.


Some pink loving teenager had been let loose on them with some poster paint and a black marker pen.  I felt a little bad about ruining someone's creativeness but an idea was forming...

I went on an Annie Sloan paint course yesterday (more about that later) but I now have a big stock of delicious chalk paint, wax and a head bursting with creative ideas.  took out the drawers, painted the oustide in Old White - just one coat and waxed when dry.  Then I found a wallpaper sample that I got from Laura Ashley and used PVA glue to apply to the front of the drawers.

Ta Da!!!  I love it,  I think it will become storage for costume jewellery.  Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job with that! I am your first follower. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Feral Turtle! How exciting to have a follower! I had a great time reading your blog with a cup of tea this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What a fabulous makeover.

    Welcome to magpie monday - thanks so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you on your creativity. I would have left them as they were and being happy but good to see a makeover project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great makeover! And a good way to practice new techniques on a small item.

    ReplyDelete